I am finally getting around to posting my questions and answers for the Liebster Blog Award, which I was very kindly nominated for by Jessica-Chelsey from her lovely blog. I have seen this on many other blogs and thought it sounded like a lovely way of appreciation for the lesser known blogs out there, so I was delighted to see that my little one had been nominated to be a part of it!
The rules are as follows:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the person that nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs (with under 200 followers) and make a new tag of 11 questions for them to answer!
So here goes...
11 Facts About Mode Madeleine:
1. I will never wear the same outfit twice. EVER.
2. I am a human magpie...I am uncontrollably drawn to anything and everything shiny, sparkly or glittery!
3. I am extremely ambitious but would never step on anyone's toes to get where I want to be - hard work, dedication and motivation are my strongest beliefs when it comes to success.
4. I have an unhealthy obsession with vinegar when it comes to chips. Oh and I can happily eat a whole jar of pickled onions in one sitting. (I got it from my mumma!)
5. I will always sniff a carton of milk when I open it to double check it's not off - even if it's brand new and I've just taken the seal off. Weird I know. (OCD?)
6. I am an absolute hopeless romantic and cry at most films.
7. My favourite saying is Que sera sera; whatever will be will be, and I try to live life by it, albeit sometimes it is difficult to think like that.
8. I have a bucket list with at least 40 different parts of the world I would love to visit one day.
9. I studied drama throughout school and college and always used to want to be an actress since I was a little girl, until my love of fashion and styling overtook that desire...although if I was given the opportunity, one day I would still love to act.
10. I sometimes like to imagine that my life is a movie when I'm travelling on a train or some form of transport if I'm listening to my Ipod and that is my soundtrack...see..hopeless romantic and wannabe actress make sense now!
11. When I was little I had a huggee fancy dress box and would dress up (usually as a Princess) with my best friend and we would put on plays for our mums when round one another's houses. (She wanted to be an actress too)
Now you know my inner most secret and weird obsessions...here are my answers to Jessica Chelsey's 11 questions...
1. If you had to sum up your blog in 3 words what would they be?
Feminine, Creative, Doesn't-Take-Itself-Too-Seriously (ok so a slight cheat!?)
2. In 2013 what do you intend to do more of on your blog? (i want to do more beauty posts!)
I have been meaning to introduce a new post for Mondays (Magpie Mondays) where I will write about anything that is remotely magpie-esque, so probably that.
3. Dresses or Jeans?
Dresses definitely in Spring/Summer...and I am loving bodycon midi dresses with thick tights for the winter. I don't generally wear jeans that much unless it's freezing or just to whack on to pop to the shop, but I really enjoy patterned 'treggings' right now for comfort and style!
4. Whats your favourite nail polish colour to wear?
I don't have a particular fave - I love experimenting with different and unusual colours! Everytime I redo my nails I will chose a completely new colour from the previous one. I have just bought a vibrant green one from Barry M which I will be trying out this weekend!
5. Shoes or Bags?
This is impossible! Ahhh...erm..shoes...NO! Bags!!..... no wait shoes! Oh screw it, both! I can't decide!!
6. What is your favourite high street shop to buy clothes from?
Well this will seem bias as I work there but I am probably solely responsible for keeping Topshop in business...but I have long been a TS girl at heart even before I worked there! I also really love Zara these days and Miss Selfridge is great for when I need a jewellery fix!
7. What is your must- have beauty product?
Hmmm...well if I had to chose one thing that I couldn't live without then I guess it would be foundation as I always feel better in the mornings once my base is done. And mascara. Oh and my eyebrow pencil. And I do love a good bright coral/pink/red lippie.
8. Red lips or Nude lips?
I love a red lip to add instant glamour to an outfit. But sometimes a nude lip is perfect for certain outfits- it depends on what colours I'm wearing as I don't tend to clash a red lip if I'm wearing bright colours.
9. What is your ultimate blogging wish/goal
Hmm this is a toughie. Probably to just become more recognised for my work and to continue to make it grow and gain exposure and to carry on meeting other bloggers and make new friends in the industry.
10. Who is your style icon?
I don't particularly have a style icon, as I never really look at a celeb and think 'oh I'd like to dress like that', I like to make my own decisions and create my own ideas for outfits. There are women whose style I admire, so they would probably be: Rihanna, Fearne Cotton, Blake Lively and Rosie Huntington-Whitely.
11. And just for fun...name your favourite chocolate bar :)
Ooohhh decisions decisions...I do love a good caramel dairy milk!
And finally, the 11 lovely blogs that I have chosen to pass this onto and nominate...
1. Janine at Bake Glue and Trend
2. How Vintage at You're My Favourite Flavour
3. Mandy at Label V Look
4. Emma at The Fashion Underdog
5. Alexandra at Fashion Fades Style Stays
6. Rakhee at Tailors Essentials
7. Cath at Square Marshmallow
8. Tori at Topshop Tori
9. Becca at Taz and Bear
10. Rosalie at Rosalie Jayne
11. India at Velvet Ghost
And my questions for you...
1. Who is your all time favourite actress?
2. High street or designer?
3. Glamming up to the nines for a night out on the tiles or topknot hair, no make-up and PJ's for a night in?
4. Paris, London or New York?
5. Ultimate beauty tip?
6. Squoval, stiletto or square nails?
7. Prefer to be a lady of leisure or career girl?
8. What would you be willing to give up for a lifetime of unlimited clothes, shoes and bags?
9. Favourite quote/ motto?
10. Iphone or Ipad?
11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Thank you again Jessica for nominating me and your fun questions! I hope you next nominees enjoy answering yours!