Things that have made me :) and/ or be thankful for:
1. Sitting down on Monday evening to a clean and tidy house, Bubba in bed from 6.30pm to have some well deserved 'me' time, with a Cuppa and my remaining Lindt Lindors from Christmas (yes I still have chocolate left over...I'm a terrible hoarder when it comes to the brown stuff...that sounds wrong...I mean chocolate, obviously)
2. I unintentionally spent a good hour scrolling through my Facebook album of Theo's 1st Birthday, happily reminiscing about what a brilliant day it was and how happy he and everyone else was that day. Such a beautiful memory.
3. Such a silly, small thing, but I had to pop out to post a parcel at work on Wednesday - I never usually go out at lunch as I work a 6 hour day so just tend to eat at my desk, but Starbucks was right next to the post office so I decided to treat myself to a Panini and an almond hot choccie -SO good! Also, I was given a smiley face on my cup, so that made me even more happy - simple things :)
4. Something I very rarely do but when I do, always say I should do it more, is having a good old natter to a friend over the phone of an evening. I caught up with one of my dearest and oldest friends, Franki, for a catch up on Thursday evening and it was so lovely.
5. The weekend. Dan and I went to the football (toddler free, yay!) to watch the Saints v. Crystal Palace on Saturday which was fun, and I took Theo down to Southsea on Sunday to visit my lovely friend Becks for a catch up and of course, some cake from the amazing 10th hole café - if anyone lives down Portsmouth way, or even just fancies somewhere new to try, I highly recommend there - they have an amazing selection of fresh cakes, cheesecakes, tarts and sponges! This time we both went for the Caramel Rolo sponge, which was heaven.
Looking back on this post, I feel that last week's happiness was heavily influenced by naughty food....hmmmm....