Ohhh River Island...what you do to me!! There are just tooo many beauteous things I officially NEED from their new season collection, way too many. I'm rather sick of the sales now so I've moved onto coveting all the newbies coming into stores. Here I've rounded up my absolute faves from River Island, which are at the top of my wishlist. Everything that I've picked are all quite neutral items, as I'm going for that capsule wardrobe for the New Year, where everything goes with everything! I made a start on it a few months back, slowly adding basics and neutrals and timeless pieces, and I'm definitely enjoying picking outfits out in the mornings a lot more now, as it's so much clearer to see things that go together. I've still got a long way to go though and more clearing out to do - it's never ending! Anyway, I'll quickly talk you through a few of these bits.
1. RI sure know how to do a good slogan sweat! Love this Tres en Vogue design - perfect with ripped jeans, little heeled boots and a boyfriend coat thrown over the shoulders for that 'off duty' look.
2. I very rarely wear earrings anymore, or any jewellery for that matter, apart from a statement necklace! But these gold beauties stood out for me; I think they look so classy and elegant.
3. I'm seriously loving this draped style of blouses right now, also seen in Topshop.
4. I've been frantically on the hunt for the perfect neutral cross body bag for what seems like forever now, but I think I may have found it!
5. Spotted this cute cropped jacket at the SS15 press day a few months back and instantly fell in love! This is the sort of item that will go with dresses, jeans, skirts - everything!
6. It is still very much boot weather and in my opinion a girl can never have too many! I'm slowly building my collection up again, after getting rid of some truly old pairs - out with the old and in with the new! I love these burgundy ones with the gold metal detailing to finish off.
7. Another item a girl can never have too many of, is coats! I'm obsessed by them; boyfriend styles are my favourite but I feel I've got all the core colours I need at the moment, so this tweedy style would give a fresh new look, especially with the faux fur collar.
8. Mini skirts are still big news, especially heading towards SS for that retro 60's vibe, and I think this one is so versatile.
9. Boyfriend jeans! My new favourite over skinny jeans for quite some time now. They're just so comfy and just look a bit more on trend than skinnies at the moment. Of course it depends what you wear them with and skinnies do still have their place.
10. Chunky knits are still my item of choice around this time of year - love this oatmeal high neck version.
11. Blanket scarfs are still big news too, I have a leopard print one which is great as it's neutral, but feel I may need just one more to create some different looks...
12. As I mentioned earlier, you can't have too many boots! I'd like to add a style similar to this to my collection; the longer length makes them a bit more glamorous than your average ankle boot - perfect for after work drinks.
13. Ok, this is one thing I really don't need anymore of (as my Mother keeps telling me!), but I'm such a sucker for ankle strap heels, and especially love the chain detail on these!
14. I need to update my 1002039484 year old pair of grey jeans, and with the subtle slit knee on this pair, it makes for a slightly more interesting look.
15. From attending a few of the SS15 press shows a few months back, I know that khaki is going to be massive for the Summer months. River Island are getting it in early, so I'd snap this little number up ASAP.
16. Another drape front blouse, but a sleevless design making it perfect for dinner dates or cocktails with the girls teamed with skinny jeans (see, told you they had their place!) and some killer heels. Navy is fast becoming my new favourite colour for Winter too.
Have you got your eye on any of the new season buys yet!? Leave a comment below or tweet me @maddiemagpie!