1. Denim has always been and will continue to always be, a style staple. Worn in any way imaginable - it's pretty hard to go wrong with this fashion favourite. It always gets a little makeover from season to season, and for SS15 it's all about double, triple and even quadruple denim; whether you love it or hate it, expect to see an abundance spread the fashion magazines and websites very soon. Dungarees always come back around, and they're all over the high-street at the moment - I personally don't think I could pull them off, I think they best suit the long legged females of the world!
2. A roll neck chunky knit jumper. This season it's been all about this item, proven to be uber stylish when worn with pretty much anything, as well as keeping you warm and toasty - who said fashion had to be uncomfortable?
3. New to the style scene lately are wide leg trousers and flares - they've had their time in the spotlight in many a past season, but they look to be a major trend this time with the Seventies being one of the biggest and most popular trends of the moment.
4. Khaki is big news right now - mostly seen on shirts and utility styles for a casual and pared back look, but it can also be worn in a more glam way as seen with this front zip detail bodycon skirt. Team this with a high neck crop top and pair of killer heels and you're good to go for that girls night out.
5. Fedoras, wide brim and floppy hats are a favourite among bloggers all over, and will forever be donned during London Fashion Week. You have to be careful how you wear your hats - they don't go with every outfit, but if you're a fan of the huge Seventies trend then you're in luck, as there's no better look a big floppy hat will work with more.
6. I am seriously in love with sleeveless blazers at the moment; I feel I've been a fan for a while before they were really a 'thing', but now there is a wide array available on the high-street to choose from, so far I've found the best places with lots of lovely styles are from Topshop, Missguided and ASOS. I wore something similar; a beautiful beige sleeveless Mac from Missguided, for last season at London Fashion Week which you can see here.
7. For every past London Fashion Week I've been to, I have time and time again made the error of wearing fabulous (IMO) shoes, which by the end of the day, after lots of standing around and plenty of hop footing to show after show, literally make me feel like crying right there and then in the middle of Somerset House courtyard, because my feet hurt so, so much. In fact I think I have actually cried before, albeit I waited until I was in the safer surroundings of the train carriage on my way home to normality. Don't get me wrong - I absolutely adore going to London Fashion Week, seeing the shows, seeing what everyone is wearing, enjoying all the champagne and nibbles and generally soaking up the whole atmosphere...but my golly it is nice to get back home and put your jim jams on and watch a bit of Coronation Street before you have to do it all over again the next day! Anyway, what I'm getting at is that this season, I shall be hanging up my heels and donning some sensible footwear - how fab are these tan ankle boots from River Island? Currently down from £65 to £35....I may have to invest in these for my tootsies for LFW...that's if I haven't done so already...
8. A cape is pretty much all you need to look stylish at any time, but especially at Fashion Week. They were big last season and they're even bigger for this season - it appears it doesn't matter what the weather is like to be able to pull one of these babies off. This one from River Island (again!), ticks all the boxes with it's fringed hem and leather look pocket details. I love how fashion is all about keeping warm and cosy at the moment with chunky knits, capes and generally just full on covering up - perfect! I'm sure it is set to change for Summer though....#mustworkonsummerbody.
9. Simple and chic - you can't beat a cute little crop jumper. Team it with almost anything and it's bound to get you points in the style stakes!
10. What was I just saying about wearing ridiculous heels to London Fashion Week...? I seem to have forgotten. These. These babies I shall subject my feet to for LFW, because, well, just look at them!
11. Utility is another big trend alongside Seventies at the moment, and this little denim pinafore dress fits right in - another piece which ticks all the boxes because it's in the colour of the moment as well!
12. Last but not least, Breton stripes - you can't get a more classic look than this. Stripes whether they're navy, black, white, blue, red - it all works, will, again like anything denim, always look on trend. The nautical trend comes back around most Summertime's, but even if it's not a huge trend, the Breton will never get old. Team one with those denim dungarees in the first picture and you're laughing... Alexa Chung, eat your heart out!
Who else is off to London Fashion Week on Friday; and the most important question... what will you be wearing? Tweet me @maddiemagpie if you're going or see me there :)